Experienced Car Accident Attorneys in Thurston County
Suffering an injury or losing a loved one in a car accident is overwhelming. In a split second, your life can change forever, leaving you with staggering financial costs and emotional scars. Unfortunately, the accident may have been caused by a driver who behaved with carelessness or recklessness, leaving you to deal with the consequences.
Here in Thurston County, the Thurston Regional Planning Council conducted a comprehensive study to establish the county’s main concerns over traffic safety. Called Target Zero, the study concluded that the most common factors in traffic-related injuries and fatalities over the course of the study period were “high risk” behaviors such as:
- Driver impairment
- Driver distraction
- Young drivers
At Northwest Law Group, as experienced Thurston County motor vehicle accident lawyers, we see the aftermath of this firsthand.What Kind of Compensation are You Entitled to After an Accident Injury?
If you have been injured in an accident due to another driver’s negligence, that driver will be responsible for:
- Your medical costs including any emergency services, hospitalizations, surgeries, doctor visits, diagnostics, treatments, medical equipment, physical and occupational therapy, specialized nursing care, and other expenses
- Future medical expenses if your injuries represent long-term consequences
- Lost wages if you have been unable to work due to your injuries
- Lost future earning capacity if you cannot go back to your line of work
- Property damages, such as your vehicle
- Pain and suffering and other non-economic damages
If the driver had appropriate insurance, this will first be done through a claim with that insurance company.How are Car Accident Insurance Claims Handled in Thurston County?
Washington is what is known as a “fault” state. This means that the person who is at fault for the accident is legally responsible for the costs that resulted from it. This sounds very reasonable and simple, but the reality is far from simple.
Unfortunately, especially if the driver was driving irresponsibly or illegally, the driver will often not admit fault. This leaves the determination of fault up to the driver’s insurance company. This can be equally problematic.How Insurance Companies Keep Settlements Low
Insurance companies will try to reduce their financial exposure after an accident. They have various ways of doing this. Insurance laws demand that they use “good faith” in determining claim settlements. But the industry often plays to an injured party’s fears and financial insecurities after an accident.
Insurance companies often offer a quick settlement after an accident, knowing that their settlement is not a comprehensive one. Most injured parties will be glad for a quick financial settlement and will only realize the shortfall once those funds begin to run out. Unfortunately, by that time, the injured party has released the insurance company of any further responsibility.How a Thurston County Car Accident Attorney Can Help
When you are represented by a car accident lawyer in Thurston County, you will not have to rely on the insurance company to determine your claim’s value. Your legal representative will place a fair value on your claim based on a thorough investigation of the accident and damages. This will be done by:
- Reviewing any police report that was conducted at the scene
- Interviewing witnesses to the accident
- Reviewing any video footage that may have been captured
- Getting the additional advice and analysis of accident recreation professionals
- Placing a value on your damages, both present and how you may be effected long-term
- Using medical experts to analyze injuries and future prognosis
After a thorough investigation, your Thurston County personal injury lawyer will place an accurate value on your settlement and will negotiate with the insurance company to ensure that your settlement is a fair and reasonable one. If negotiation falls short, a skilled lawyer will file a lawsuit and take your case before a court of law.Getting Legal Representation
If you have been injured in an accident, having the representation of a Thurston County automobile accident lawyer you can trust may be one of the most important decisions you can make. Contact the experienced personal injury team at Northwest Law Group for a free consultation. You never pay legal fees unless we recover compensation on your behalf.