Here in Washington State, there were 45,524 car accidents in 2019 alone, according to the Washington State Department of Transportation. Out of those, 973 caused serious injuries and 325 resulted in fatalities. But data are only numbers. These numbers represent real people with families and loved ones, real suffering, and real financial overwhelm.
These people are the reason we practice personal injury law at Northwest Law Group. Most people don’t understand the full impact of a car accident, the resulting injuries, and the financial and emotional costs until they live through it. Unfortunately, our Bellevue car accident attorneys see it all too often.The Unfortunate Toll of Car Accidents
Suffering an injury or losing a loved one in a car accident can change your life forever. And the costs, both economic and emotional, can be staggering. Unfortunately, the culprit in many of these accidents is driver negligence, leaving survivors to deal with the injuries and costly aftermath of
- Traumatic brain injuries causing the death of nearly 50,000 people each year and leaving another 90,000 with disabilities.
- Spinal cord injuries, with approximately 38.6 percent of spinal cord injuries caused by motor vehicle accidents, according to the National Spinal Cord Injury Database
- Back, neck, and whiplash injuries that can happen even in the most minor of car accidents
- Fractures, broken bones, and other orthopedic injuries
- Burns, often requiring extensive surgery and skin grafting
- Internal bleeding and injuries to internal organs
- Crush injuries leading to compound fractures, blood loss, and nerve damage
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Limb loss and amputation
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Wrongful death
Most of us drive within the framework of the laws. But there are those who put others’ lives at risk with their negligence. Most accidents today are caused by a driver’s risky driving behavior and careless acts.
- Driver distraction in the use of technology, cell phones, or simply doing things behind the wheel that take eyes and focus off the road.
- Driver impairment, either by drugs, alcohol, or drowsiness
- Driver aggression, road rage, and risky driving
- A general failure to abide by traffic rules
Drivers who drive negligently not only put others at risk but they can be held legally responsible for compensating their victims for their injuries and other damages. This is when having an experienced Bellevue motor vehicle accident lawyer on your side can offer you peace of mind.What Can You Be Compensated For?
If you have been injured in an accident due to the negligence of another driver, you may be able to collect compensation for things such as
- Any medical costs, including your emergency services, hospitalization, medications, doctor visits, rehabilitation, medical devices
- Any future medical costs as they apply to your injuries
- Any lost wages because you have been unable to work
- Any future loss of earning capacity if you are unable to go back to your former career and earning capability
- Property damages
- Pain and suffering as well as other noneconomic damages
and others as they may apply to your injuries.Why You Should Have an Experienced Automobile Accident Lawyer in Bellevue On Your Side
Proving fault and negligence can be complicated and often requires extensive investigation. Even if you are partially at fault, Washington laws provide you with the ability to collect compensation to the degree that the other party was at-fault. This is when having a legal advocate in your corner is critical.Get the Advice of a Legal Professional
At the Northwest Law Group, our experienced auto accident attorneys in Bellevue have dedicated their careers to the legal rights of injured victims. We believe in holding negligent parties accountable for the injuries and damages they have caused to others and work diligently to ensure that our clients get the maximum compensation possible for their injuries.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Bellevue or surrounding communities, contact the talented Bellevue car crash attorneys at Northwest Law Group for a no-cost consultation to understand your legal rights. You pay no legal fees unless we win financial compensation on your behalf.
We are dedicated car accident attorneys representing injury victims throughout Washington State, including:
- Federal Way
- Maple Valley
- University Place
- Lake Stevens
- Mill Creek
- Mountlake Terrace
- Port Orchard
- Bainbridge Island
- Port Gamble